This is a difficult backpack/hike. Total mileage is just over 23 miles, with most in day 2 (15 miles). The elevation gain is around 4,000 feet.
You must hike 10 miles with ease and have some backpacking experience to join in.
- Be at Jakes Creek trail trailhead at 3 pm.
- Hike to Campsite 27 (2.9 miles)
- Spend evening and night at Campsite 27
- Wake up at 5 am
- Prepare and eat breakfast
- Start at 7am and hike to Campsite 26 (2.6 miles)
- Start at 10 am and hike up to the AT (Welch Ridge trail) and back to Campsite 26 (6.2 miles x 2 = 12.4 miles)
- Spend evening and night at Campsite 26.
- Wake up at 8am
- Hike back to the Jakes Creek trail trailhead (5.5 miles).
(Connect with Dan to see this)