We are a networking site that provides its users third-party information about travel, hiking, mountaineering destinations as well as airports, and allows users to connect and communicate with each other as per the destination locations. Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the https://www.gogaffl.com website and the GAFFL Mobile Application (the "Service") operated by GAFFL Inc. ("us", "we", or "our").
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, please do not use or access the Service.
In order to use the Services, you must be at least 18 years old and eligible to form a binding contract.
2. Creating an Account.
3. Suspension of Account.
This agreement will bind you and stay in effect while you use the Services and/or have a GAFFL account. You may terminate your account at any time for any reason, and we will reserve the right to suspend your account without notice if we believe you have not followed or if you breach the Agreement. In this case, you are not allowed to create a new account without our written permission.
4. Non-commercial Use by Users.
This website and its services are for personal use only. You are not allowed to use the Service or its own or other users’ content for marketing, connection with commercial endeavors, advertising, soliciting, or selling. GAFFL may investigate and take legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service.
5. Account Information and Security.
Other users will be able to see your information, such as your name, and any material you send or post to the website will be considered non-proprietary and not confidential. You are solely responsible for sharing only the information you will be comfortable with being public. You are also responsible for the confidentiality of your login credentials and password information, and you are alone responsible for all activities under those credentials or if you fail to keep the information secure. If you notice unauthorized use of your login credentials at GAFFL, please notify us.
We want to keep our community safe and pleasant for everyone, so there are rules you have to follow in regards, but not limited to, postings, pictures and information sharing.
1. Do not bully, intimidate or harass anyone, or be disrespectful in any other way.
2. Do not request money or commit a fraud.
3. Do not post content you do not have the authority, permission and/or consent to use.
4. Do not post any material that is illegal, discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, racist, in breach of confidentiality or privacy or anything that could cause any psychological, financial, and/or physical harm or annoyance to anyone or be objectionable in any other way.
5. Do not post anything harmful including, but not limited to, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data or any other harmful software or data.
6. Do not use the service for illegal, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory activities.
7. Do not use the service for selling, advertising or marketing.
8. Do not copy or distribute GAFFL’s logo or services without GAFFL’s prior written authorization.
9. While submitting a request on behalf of third party like friends, family or any other third party, the user assumes the responsibility of accuracy of information in connection with billing address, phone number of the credit card holder etc. Furthermore, third party must be informed of all the terms and conditions applicable. Any user using our site or on behalf of any third party must not hold GAFFL liable for any damages, losses, suits and claims (including costs of defense) for failure to abide by any obligations stipulated here. The user is directly liable for request submitted and the associated charges and performance obligations.
10. While submitting user submission and providing personal data, the user acknowledges that GAFFL may use the data for sending commercial marketing and emails to you. GAFFL also retains the right to provide the personal data to third party for commercial marketing and communications. You hereby consent to such use. Nevertheless, you have the right to access, modify, request delete/ destroy your personal data at any time by sending request to GAFFL. You also have an option to opt out of receiving such marketing and communication at any time by sending message to GAFFL.
If we notice activity against these terms, we reserve the right to suspend your account without a warning. You are solely responsible for the content of your account. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement if deemed necessary.
We want to keep our website’s content safe and reliable. We try to keep it bug free but we cannot guarantee it to be always bug and error-free or that our content is accurate, current or without mistakes. Please notify us if you notice any mistakes or problems with the content.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content"). Unless mentioned otherwise, you give us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any of your shared intellectual property content, such as pictures and public comments, for any and all purposes without the need to compensate. However, you are solely responsible for the accuracy, lawfulness and having the appropriate rights to your content before publishing or sharing anything.
We reserve the right to delete the content and/or accounts that we believe it to breach or violate this contract or our policies, or otherwise to be harmful in any way either to other users or GAFFL.
Please keep in mind that we do not do background checks or check the authenticity of our users. Thus, you are solely responsible for all communications and interactions with other users and take necessary precautions if deciding to meet other users in person.
However, we want to keep our community safe and there are some commitments you must follow when using the service.
1. Do not provide any false information.
2. Do not create more than one personal account.
3. Do not create a profile with another person’s personal information, nor distribute content you do not have the permission to use.
4. Keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
5. Keep your login and account information safe, and do not let anyone else use your account. You are responsible for everything that is done under your account. Please let us know if you suspect that your account is being misused.
6. We reserve the right to delete the content and/or accounts that we believe to breach or violate this contract or our policies.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service contains links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by GAFFL. GAFFL has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, performance, or practices of any third party web sites or services. Thus, we also do not have control over the accuracy, quality, currency or content of the third-party websites. These websites do not operate under this contract and we do not control them or what information they might collect from you. You further acknowledge and agree that GAFFL shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. You should check each third-party website's own Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies. Other users may provide links as well, but we are not responsible for them nor do we control or check the websites. You should access those websites at your own risk.
You understand that GAFFL will charge you a subscription fee. This will allow you to connect with unlimited travelers and locals around the world.
All payments will be enabled by GAFFL using the payment method you have included and designated GAFFL to use in your account. GAFFL holds the right to change fees anytime at any geographic location. The fee will include all taxes and fees. Any fees or charges paid by you are final and non-refundable, unless otherwise determined by GAFFL.
Payment can be handled by different third parties in different geographic locations. GAFFL reserves the right to use a second payment method (if available in your account), if the primary one fails.
After a successful connection, meeting up in real life depends on the users on the trip. GAFFL Inc. in no way controls that or ensures that.
Handling Credit Card Chargebacks
You have the right to dispute charges with credit card companies. But prior to raising a question about a charge in your credit card statement, we request you to make a call to GAFFL regarding your concerns about the charge. GAFFL is committed to work with you in resolving the concerns. GAFFL holds the right to dispute any chargeback if deemed improper, as described below. Besides, GAFFL retains the right to cancel any travel reservation in the event of a chargeback related to the reservation.
While making a reservation using GAFFL, you accept the cancellation policy made available on our website. Please note that not all rates are eligible for cancellation. The following scenarios are deemed improper by GAFFL and GAFFL retains the right to refute the chargeback claims and recover the relevant costs of chargeback from you.
General Terms About Hotel/Stay & Flight Booking Services:
- For non-cancellable reservations, GAFFL cannot provide a refund irrespective of the reservation is used or not.
- Chargebacks arising from friends, family and other third party with direct access to user’s credit card.
- Chargebacks arising from supplier/vendor’s failure to deliver the service as expected.
- Chargeback arising from force majeure or circumstances beyond control of GAFFL Inc.
- Pricing: Publishing and maintaining accuracy of information is a top priority for GAFFL. Our travel service providers and/or technological partners provide us with information regarding price, availability etc. related to the service. To the extent that our travel service providers or technological partners provide us with erratic information (typographical or otherwise) in connection to the pricing and other information, GAFFL has the right to refuse or cancel requests placed for the service whether or not the request has been confirmed and/or credit card charged. However, if the credit card is charged and the request is cancelled due to incorrect hotel/stay & airline provider information, GAFFL is not bound to credit your credit card account with the amount charged. Chargebacks are handled by our technological partners. They verify the chargeback claim and if found justified, provide us with the chargeback amount. Otherwise, chargeback claims are declined.
- Technological Partners and Travel Service Providers: While using the site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed by the Travel Service Provider regarding payment of all amounts when due and compliance with Travel Service Provider’s rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, product and services. Any violation of the terms and conditions may result in cancellation of reservation(s), in you being denied access to hotels/stays, and flights, in you forfeiting money paid for such reservation(s), purchase(s) and GAFFL debiting your account for the cost(s) incurred by GAFFL as a result of such violation. The user will be solely responsible for the duties, taxes and other charges stemming from the use of the site.
You also agree that you are in no position to hold GAFFL liable for any damage, loss, injury, claim, exemplary, punitive, incidental, consequential damages of any kind due to performance or non- performance of Travel Service Provider. In case of non- performance due to liquidation, dissolution, bankruptcy or reorganization of Travel Service Provider, you agree that your sole recourse will be towards Travel Service Provider and not GAFFL.
GAFFL has no wisdom regarding suitability of disabled persons of any reservation. Contact with the Travel Service Provider directly regarding suitability of disabled persons for any reservation.
GAFFL sells airline tickets that are subject to conditions of carriage and rules of applicable airlines which includes, but not limited to the cancellation policies of the airline. The contract of carriage in use by the airline will be between the applicable airline and the passenger. Airlines retains the right to change flight time and schedule any time. Airline also has the right to cancel flight or itineraries at their sole discretion. Different tickets can have different restrictions and facilities on the same airline.
Code Share is an arrangement where some airlines enter into agreement with some select airline partners. It means that the airline company that sells or markets the tickets does not fly its own aircraft to that destination. Rather they use partner aircraft to operate certain flights which are listed as “operated by”. Under the circumstances, it will be disclosed to the user in the booking process and prior making payment on price disclosed.
It is prohibited by federal law to carry hazardous material aboard aircraft in your luggage or in person. A violation can result in five year’s imprisonment and penalties of $250,000 or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). For more information see https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/passenger_info/
Purchasing tickets containing segments that you will not be using such as “point-beyond”, “hidden city tickets” etc are prohibited practices for most airlines. You agree not to engage in activities prohibited by airlines. Besides, purchasing round trip ticket while you plan to use only one way travel may also be prohibited by some airlines. You acknowledge that most airlines prohibit such practices and GAFFL does not guarantee that airline will honor your ticket if you engage in these practices. On top of this, you indemnify GAFFL and affiliated parties against airlines claims for the difference between full fare of actual itinerary and the value of ticket(s) that you purchased.
One Way Tickets:
For some itineraries, you can book two one way tickets rather than a round trip fare. In such cases, the two bookings remain as mutually exclusive in terms of baggage fees, change fees, refunds etc. Since the bookings are independent of each other, changes or cancellation to one booking will not affect the other. However, for international travels, you may have to show a return flight ticket at check in and at immigration.
Information Required By Transport Security Administration (TSA):
We have the right to share your information with law enforcing agencies or intelligence agencies or others under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, and the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004. For more information, visit www.tsa.gov
ID Requirements by TSA:
It is incumbent on you that you take necessary identification required for travel which is acceptable to airport authority. For more information, go to https://www.tsa.gov/real-id
Taxes and Fees on Airline Tickets:
Any airline imposed fees and government imposed taxes and fees are included in the fare. Airfare includes the tax rate in effect at the time of purchase. Any retroactive increase in tax rate may be borne by the traveler.
Passport, Visas, Hazards and Disinsection:
- Itinerary Changes:Apart from a change fee charged ranging from $200 to $300 per ticket from the airlines, GAFFL may also charge a processing fee per ticket for a change in itinerary. Airline charge, however, will depend on market, carrier and airfare rule.
- Baggage and Peripheral Fees:Additional fees will be incumbent on you if certain airline permitted limit is exceeded like number of bags, weight allowed etc. Some airlines do not allow free baggage allowance. Additional fees may be charged for services like carryon baggage, priority boarding and seat assignments. GAFFL enumerates a summary of key terms of airline baggage fees. However, for complete information about baggage and ancillary fees, the user will need to consult with the airline concerned.
It is incumbent on you to obtain necessary visa for international travel and that your passport is accepted. Sometimes you may have to obtain transit visa even if the country is not your final destination.
Under normal circumstances, most of the travelling, including international, will be completed seamlessly. However, some destinations may involve greater risk than others. GAFFL implores the passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. For State Department travel warnings and advisories, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html
. For foreign health requirements and dangers, go to www.cdc.gov/travel/index.htm
. Other information relating to particular international destinations can be found at at www.dot.gov
Disinsection is permitted by international law in order to protect public health, agriculture and environment, even though it is rarely used. For more information please visit https://www.transportation.gov/office-policy/aviation-policy/spray
GAFFL never solicits traveling to or from any international destinations as advisable and without risk while facilitating traveling to or from any international destination. Therefore, GAFFL should not be held liable for damages or losses that may result from traveling to any destinations.
Entry/ Exit Fees:
Some countries impose fees on entry and exit from the country. These fees are not included in taxes and fees shown in GAFFL website prior to purchase. For more information, you may visit www.travel.state.gov
Due to some special restriction and conditions regarding refund and cancellation, sometimes hotels/stays offer cheaper rates. Users are advised to go through the condition and rate details thoroughly before finally making the reservation. Price, rates and inventory are subject to availability from the hotel.
The reservation holder must show his/ her valid ID, credit card or debit card (at hotel’s discretion) in his or her name (amount of available credit required ill vary by hotel) upon check-in. The guest on the reservation must also meet minimum age requirement, provided on check out page for any hotel/stay reservation made on this site.
Modification and Cancellation to Your Reservation:
Double occupancy (2 adults) is guaranteed for all hotel/stay reservations. Occupancy for more than 2 persons is not guaranteed unless specifically stated. Hotels/Stays may or may not allow guests. Some hotels/stays may charge extra for allowing guests and the payment has to be made to hotels/stays directly.
Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night
You should make a call to GAFFL to cancel any cancellable reservation in advance of your stay. But if you are late to check-in, you must alert the respective hotel/stay in advance about you being late. Failure to alert the hotel/stay may result in cancellation of rest of the part of reservation. To make it worse, you may not be entitled to a refund depending on the terms and conditions of the applicable hotel.
Check hotel/stay cancellation policy before you book. Some reservations are non-cancellable and non-changeable while others are changeable and cancellable by paying a penalty. Some reservations are fully refundable.
You must call the hotel/stay to see whether they will be able to meet the disability requirements. If the hotel/stay cannot accommodate the needs, please call GAFFL customer care.
Hotel/Stay Accommodations and Special Requests:
Room availability and rate remain at complete discretion of hotel. If smoking is allowed in the hotel/stay premise, GAFFL cannot guarantee a non-smoking hotel/stay room. In case of any special request from your end, you must call the hotel/stay and see whether they can accommodate your request after you have made your booking. GAFFL cannot guarantee that your special requests will be met.
GAFFL has no proprietary star rating system for hotels/stays. The star ratings viewed on our site is provided by our trusted partners. The rating displayed on our site may sometimes differ from other sites with which you may be familiar with. GAFFL shows the star rating as our partners provide us and we do not guarantee that the rating system is consistent or equal to any other star rating systems. We reserve the right to change the hotel/stay rating as our partner mandates us.
Taxes and Fees:
GAFFL charges your method of payment for taxes and fees. We charge taxes and fees in connection to your reservation in order to recover the amount that we pay to the hotels/stays. Taxes (sales and use tax, occupancy tax, room tax, excise tax, value added tax and/or other similar taxes) are owed by hotels/stays. Under some circumstances, tax amount may include government imposed service and other fees which is to be collected by the hotel/stay authority. The balance of taxes and fees that we collect from you may include, but not limited to, our compensation for providing service and cost of reservation (customer service cost). The taxes and fee may vary depending upon the location of stay, the amount we pay to hotel/stay and the profit we keep.
Except the case described below, GAFFL is not the vendor collecting and remitting taxes to the appropriate authority. Rather hotels/stays are the vendor who bill the applicable taxes and we pay such amounts directly to the vendor. GAFFL does not act as co-vendor as well. Taxability, appropriate tax rate and type of applicable tax vary according to locations.
For hotels/stays located under certain jurisdictions, taxes and fees that GAFFL charges includes an additional payment of tax that we are required to collect and remit to the concerned tax authority for the tax we owe on amount we retain as compensation for out services.
You may also be charged (i) certain mandatory hotel/stay specific service fees, for example, resort fees, energy surcharges, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees and/or (ii) certain optional incidental fees, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service and movie rentals, etc. depending on the property you stay. These charges will be payable by you at check out. Make a call to the respective hotels/stays to know about the charges in detail.
Sometimes hotels/stays may collect destination marketing fees which is passed along to tourist bureaus. If you are not a citizen of United States and you travel to your home country, you may have to pay additional taxes to hotel/stay at check out. Contact with the hotel/stay for details.
GAFFL As Merchant of Record:
GAFFL acts as Merchant of Record (directly charges your credit card) for every transaction we make for hotels/stays. As a Merchant of Record we disclose the price before user books the hotel. For hotels/stays that charge mandatory hotel/stay fees, we disclose both a) the Total GAFFL Charges to your method of payment and b) the total cost, which includes the Total GAFFL Charges and the Hotel/Stay Mandatory Fee which the hotel/stay will charge at check out.
Discontinuing the Account
You can discontinue the service at any time. Please remember that it will take time for your information to be completely removed from the system, but other users will not be able to see you after canceling your GAFFL account.
We try to keep the website available at all times. However, the website may encounter downtime due to the server and other technical issues. We might also encounter other issues, such as system failure. We do not guarantee that our website is secure, bug or error-free, or that it works perfectly without disruptions. The website may be unavailable during maintenance, repair and updates or for reasons beyond our control. We are not liable if this website is unavailable at any time and we are not obligated to give our users and visitors an advance warning of downtime or for maintenance issues.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we are not responsible for any information that may be incorrect, out of date or incomplete, or what may be caused due to these.
Please keep in mind that we do not do background checks or check the authenticity of our users. Thus, you are solely responsible for all communications and interactions with other users.
We are not responsible for the conduct of other users, and we are not responsible for any events, losses or damages due to the usage of this service (not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, general). We are not responsible for including, but not limited to, death, bodily harm, emotional/psychological distress, financial losses and/or any other physical, emotional, psychological distress or any other damages. You should take necessary precautions when agreeing to interact with other users in person.
We will fully co-operate with the law if deemed necessary, and you are required to comply with all applicable laws when using the service. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in the Terms and Conditions.
We are not responsible for your violations of any laws, regulations or ordinance, your participation in anything that may violate these terms or your use or misuse of this website, whether online or offline. We are not responsible for any content or information you share or provide, nor are we responsible for the possible consequences, although we have stated in our terms that you should not provide any objectionable content that could be harmful in any way to anyone. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims you may receive due to your usage of this website, whether it be direct, indirect, incidental, special or general. You will pay all legal fees, costs and expenses associated with such cases and claims.
These terms are effective as of October 6, 2020 and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our policies at any time and you should check the Terms and Conditions periodically. Your continued use of the Service after we post any modifications to the terms on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified term. If you do not consent to such changes you should not continue to use the services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
1491 Polaris Pkwy, Ste 101
Columbus, OH 43240