I'm heading to the South Island of New Zealand for three weeks and plan to hire a vehicle while there. I haven't decided which type of vehicle yet (small car or a camper van) because before I booked anything, I wanted to post on here to see if anyone would be up to join me! I plan to do a loop starting and ending in Christchurch. Below is my general route:
- I'll first head northeast to Punakaiki from Christchurch (through Castle Hill and Arthur's Pass).
- Then make my way south to Wanaka (being sure to hit Fox Glacier, Franz Josef, Lake Matheson, Gillespie's Beach, etc.).
- After spending a few days in Wanaka, I'll head to Queenstown to explore for some days
- Then would be Te Anau, Milford Sound, etc.
- Then I'll check out Mt. Cook, Hooker Valley, Lake Tekapo before heading back to Christchurch.
My route can be changed but I'd like to hit most of the places I mentioned above. I've done both solo trips and group trips in the past and I enjoy them both! I'm more than happy to also pick folks up along the way if they need to get from one spot to another. Just thought this would be a cool opportunity to open this up to the group and potentially meet new people!